We delivered several rainfall products obtained from satellite soil moisture data through the SM2RAIN algorithm (Brocca et al., 2014). The more recent datasets have improved spatial-temporal resolution, all datasets are freely available and can be downloaded by clicking on the link(s) below.
We have published 3 SM2RAIN-based global rainfall dataset on Zenodo (FREELY available)
Time coverage: 2007-2021. Spatial\temporal resolution: 0.1-degree\1-day.
Time coverage: 2007-2018. Spatial\temporal resolution: 0.25-degree\1-day.
Time coverage: 1998-2015. Spatial\temporal resolution: 0.25-degree\1-day.
If you have questions, just send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org)!
We would like to know explicitly the users of our datasets for further improving their quality and usage.
GLOBAL SCALE RAINFALL PRODUCTS obtained through ASCAT, SMAP, SMOS and ESA CCI soil moisture products are available:
- GPM+SM2RAIN: 0.25 degree/1-day spatial-temporal resolution available from January 2007 to December 2018, 12 years (Massari et al., 2020) Click here for the direct download of the dataset
🆕‼️ We are happy to announce the release of GPM+#SM2RAIN #rainfall product on a global scale for the long period 2007-2018😀
Thanks @ESA_EO @eumetsat @NASARain@CopernicusEMS @CNRDTA @EGU_HS @EGU_HESS pic.twitter.com/DSM81jy959
— Hydrology IRPI-CNR (@Hydrology_IRPI) May 26, 2020
- SM2RAIN-ASCAT: 0.1-degree/1-day spatial-temporal resolution available from January 2007 to December 2021, 15 years (Brocca et al., 2019) Click here for the direct download of the dataset
🆕 We are very happy to announce the release of the updated version of our global 🛰️ #rainfall #SM2RAIN-ASCAT dataset until the end of August 2019
Animation shows global rainfall for 2019 in 24sec!
Thanks🙏 @eumetsat @CopernicusEMS @CopernicusEU @ESA_EO pic.twitter.com/GWFNu8BUSc
— Hydrology IRPI-CNR (@Hydrology_IRPI) September 13, 2019
- SM2RAIN-CCI: 0.25 degree/1-day spatial-temporal resolution, available from January 1998 to December 2015, 18 years (Ciabatta et al., 2018) Click here for the direct download of the dataset
— Hydrology IRPI-CNR (@Hydrology_IRPI) 29 settembre 2017
We also delivered two regional datasets obtained from ASCAT:
- SM2RAIN-ASCAT Europe: 0.25 degree/1-day spatial-temporal resolution, available from January 2007 to December 2015, 9 years (Massari et al., 2018) Click Here for the direct download of the dataset
- SM2RAIN-ASCAT Italy: 12.5 km/1-day spatial-temporal resolution, available from January 2007 to December 2015, 9 years (Chiaravallotti et al., 2018) Click here for the direct download of the dataset
🆕We are running 🛰️#SM2RAIN-ASCAT rainfall product in near real time in Italy‼️
👇Monthly anomaly maps in the hydrological year Sep2019-May2020
Only Nov2019 is blue (positive anomaly), JanFeb2020 norain!
We are running dry 🏜️ @DPCgov @irriframe @eumetsat @CopernicusECMWF pic.twitter.com/0yabz4Jtn1
— Hydrology IRPI-CNR (@Hydrology_IRPI) May 23, 2020
Additional products will be available soon covering a longer time period and exploiting new satellite soil moisture products by SMOS, SMAP, Sentinel-1, and others (e.g., Koster et al., 2016; Román-Cascón et al., 2017; Tarpanelli et al., 2017, SM2RAIN-SCATSAR).
3-years of rainfall in Italy with spatial resolition of 3 km!
Obtained from the application of #SM2RAIN to #ASCAT and #Sentinel-1 soil moisture (very low rainfall from dec-2016 to oct-2017!)@ESA_EO @eumetsat @CopernicusEU @geodepartment pic.twitter.com/61pS7gh6TH
— Hydrology IRPI-CNR (@Hydrology_IRPI) February 19, 2018