Via della Madonna Alta,126
Perugia , Italy – 06128
The research activities mainly regard:
- Rainfall Induced Landslides
- Slope Stability Analysis
- Unsaturated Soil behavior
- Probabilistic Analysis
Yaser Peiro was born in Behbahan, Iran, in 1989. He received his M.S. degree in Civil Engineering-Geotechnical Engineering from Iran University of Science and Technology ,Tehran, Iran in 2014. From May to November 2022 he carried out a research visit at the Research Institute of Geo-Hydrological Protection (IRPI) of the National Research Council (CNR) of Perugia (Italy) where he developed his research on the prediction of landslides using soil moisture data.
In a joint agreement with the CNR-IRPI, Yaser has been a Ph.D. candidate since November 2022 for the International Doctorate in Science Applied to Wellness and Sustainability at the University of Ecampus (Italy). He is currently working on a thesis entitled “Monitoring and Detecting Landslides Using Satellite Remotely Sensed Data”.
Awards and Recognitions
- The scholarship of University of Ecampus , Novertade, Italy for PhD degree, starting from academic year 2022/2023.
- Best Lecturer Award for the Academic Year (2017/1028), Payam Nur University,Iran.
- Ranked 30th among 998 participants (master students) in Iran’s National University Entrance Examination for PhD degree in Geotechnical Engineering (2016).
- Ministry of Science, Research and Technology scholarship for Exceptional Talents for PhD degree at Shiraz University of Technology -Iran, academic year of 2016.
- Ministry of Science, Research and Technology scholarship for Exceptional Talents for MSc degree at Iran University of Science and Technology-Iran, academic year of 2011.
REVIEWED CONFERENCE PAPERS and BOOK CHAPTERS
- Johari, Ali, and Yaser Peiro “Determination of stochastic shear strength parameters of a real landslide by back analysis” International Journal of Reliability, Risk and Safety: Theory and Application, 2021
- Johari, Ali, and Yaser Peiro “Determination of shear strength parameters for a landslide by probabilistic back analysis -a case study in Iran” 6th International Reliability and Safety Engineering Conference, 2020, Shiraz, Iran
- Johari, Ali, and Yaser Peiro “Prediction of Uncertain Failed Slope Shear Strength Parameters by Stochastic Back-Analysis” 4th Iranian Conference on Geotechnical Engineering, 2019, Tehran, Iran
- Peiro, Yaser and Hassan Baziar “The effect of functionalized carbon nanotubes addition on the tensile strength of concrete” National Conference on Modern Materials and Construction Technology, 2016, Yazd, Iran