Via della Madonna Alta, 126
Office Phone: +39 0755014-407
Paolo Filippucci was born in Rome, Italy, in 1990. He received the M.S. degree in mechanical engineering with excellence, from the University of Perugia (Perugia), Italy, in 2015.
From August to December 2016, he carried out an Internship with the International Water Management Institute (IWMI) within the project “Enhancing the Benefits of Remote Sensing Data and Flood Hazard Model in Index-based Flood Insurance (IBFI) in South Asia, under Water Availability, Risk and Resilience (WR)”.
In January 2017 he received a Scholarship to carry research at the Research Institute of Geo-Hydrological Protection (IRPI) of the National Research Council (CNR) of Perugia under the topic: “Use of satellite data for monitoring of hydrological processes and improvement of hydrological modeling in the context of climatic change”
- Ciabatta, L., Camici, S., Massari, C., Filippucci, P., Hahn, S., Wagner, W., Brocca, L. (…). Soil moisture and precipitation: the SM2RAIN algorithm for rainfall retrieval from satellite soil moisture. In: V. Levizzani et al., (Eds), Satellite precipitation measurement, Springer, book chapter, submitted
- Zaussinger, F., Dorigo, W., Gruber, A., Tarpanelli, A., Filippucci, P., Brocca, L. (…). Estimating irrigation water use over the contiguous United States by combining satellite and reanalysis soil moisture data. submitted to Hydrology and Earth System Sciences.
PEER-REVIEWED JOURNAL PAPERS
- Tarpanelli, A., Santi, E., Tourian, M.J., Filippucci, P., Amarnath, G., Brocca, L. (2018). Daily river discharge estimates by merging satellite optical sensors and radar altimetry through artificial neural network. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, in press
- Brocca, L., Tarpanelli, A., Filippucci, P., Dorigo, W., Zaussinger, F., Gruber, A., Fernández-Prieto, D. (2018). How much water is used for irrigation? A new approach exploiting coarse resolution satellite soil moisture products. International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation, 73C, 752-766, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jag.2018.08.023.
- Tarpanelli A., Massari C., Ciabatta L., Filippucci, P., Amarnath G., Brocca L. (2017). Exploiting a constellation of satellite soil moisture sensors for accurate rainfall estimation, Advances in Water Resources, 108, 249-255, http://dx.doi.org/10.2166/nh.2016.037