CryoSat-2 ThEMatic PrOducts
ESA Contract No. 4000132237/20/I-NS
Period: 2020 – 2021 (15 months)
Partners: The consortium is based on a close collaboration between 13 partners:
- Lancaster University, GB (Prime contractor)
- Alfred-Wegener- Institut Helmholtz-Zentrum Für Polar – und Meeresforschung Stiftung des Öffentlichen Rechts, DE (Subcontractor)
- Collecte Localisation Satellites, FR (Subcontractor)
- DTU Space: Technical University of Denmark, DK (Subcontractor)
- University College London, GB (Subcontractor)
- Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, FR (Subcontractor)
- Finnish Meteorological Institute, FI (Subcontractor)
- Stiftelsen Nansen Senter for Miljø og Fjernmåling, NO (Subcontractor)
- NOVELTIS, FR (Subcontractor)
- Agencia Estatal Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, M.P., ES (Subcontractor)
- IRPI CNR: Istituto di Ricerca per la Protezione Idrogeologica, IT (Subcontractor)
- University of Liverpool, GB (Subcontractor)
- Shepherd SPACE LTD, GB (Subcontractor)
Description: The overarching aim of the Cryo-TEMPO study is to develop agile, robust and state-of-the-art CryoSat-2 Products, which are dedicated to specific Thematic Areas, and which are accessible to – and can easily be used by – a broad range of scientific and service users, beyond the traditional altimetry expert. To achieve this aim, the main technical objectives of the study are as follows:
- To implement dedicated, state-of-the-art processing algorithms over each thematic domain.
- To develop agile, adaptable processing workflows, that are capable of rapid evolution and processing at high cadence.
- To create products that are driven by, and aligned with, user needs; thereby opening up the data to new communities of non-altimetry experts.
- To deliver transparent, traceable uncertainties associated with each thematic parameter.
More information are available at the website: http://cryosat.mssl.ucl.ac.uk/tempo/