Smart Water Resource Management – Networks
“Smart Cities e Social innovation nazionali”
Period: March 2020 – February 2021 (12 months)
Partners: The consortium is leaded by CNR with the collaboration of other 7 partners:
- MM S.p.A
- VITROCISET S.p.A
- TELECOM ITALIA S.p.A
- Università degli Studi di Brescia
- Politecnico di Milano
- Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca
Description: The final goal of the SWaRM-Net is to develop innovative monitoring systems for the analysis and management of extreme weather events, in terms of “flooding”. Such system involves the analysis, structuring and implementation through ad hoc software of the complex information flow that, starting from the past, current and future hydro-meteorological data, can provide early warning procedures able to predict the occurrence of event with a sufficient warning time (from a few hours in the case of floods a few weeks in the case of drought) and taking the uncertainty into account. The dissemination of information in near real time will take with a different level of detail according to the user served (policy-makers, managers, citizens).
More into details, the goals of the project be summarized as follows:
- To integrate into a single framework all the available hydrological-meteorological data, both past and expected in the short, medium and long term.
- To identify by means of ad-hoc modeling all the hydraulic elements of vulnerability in urban areas.
- To experiment advanced technology with innovative systems of airborne sensors for the integration of the monitoring commonly adopted in the management of extreme flood events
- To develop operational databases for the management of flooding events based on identifying early warning scenarios.
- To develop forecast modeling to be implemented in a Decision Support System for the management of flood events.